Keith Smith Company, Inc.
Information Technology Job Opportunity
Keith Smith Company located in Hot Springs, Arkansas, has an immediate opening for a System Administrator team member in its Information Technology department. Keith Smith Company is a producer of high-quality hatching eggs for domestic and international markets.
The successful candidate will be a team player who is flexible and enjoys working with others. This person will possess technical and infrastructure knowledge, good written and oral communication skills, as well as advanced problem-solving skills. This position reports to the IT Manager. The requirements of the position are as follows:
- Administration and maintenance of server hardware
- EMC & Synology SANs, Cisco ESXi hosts, Dell KVM hosts
- Administration and maintenance of Windows and VMware ESXi operating systems, VoIP, and embedded devices
- Apply patches and updates to infrastructure components as required
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve or escalate issues within system architecture
- Monitor and report system security, performance, and events
- Monitor and maintain wired and wireless segmented virtual networks among multiple locations
- Create and/or maintain hardware inventory, documentation, maintenance and support agreements, policies, procedures, etc.
- Respond to and resolve Level 3 support requests via ticketing system
- Network administration tasks in a virtualized Windows server and desktop environment as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree (Bachelor's preferred) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or comparable discipline with 4 – 6 years of work experience OR
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of work experience in preferred disciplines
- Experience with Microsoft Server operating systems in an enterprise domain environment
- Active Directory Domain Services and Group Policies
- Experience with Linux operating systems (Debian based and Centos preferred)
- Experience with virtual environments (KVM / VMware preferred)
- vSphere, vMotion, HA, vCenter host profiles, resource pools, storage, P2V migrations)
- Experience with VoIP phone systems
- Working knowledge of network communications and hardware
- Multi-site WAN / campus networking desired
- Understanding of DR / Backup practices and methods
- Office suites (Microsoft / Google / LibreOffice)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keith Smith Company
With over 70 years of "egg-cellence" Keith Smith Company is the largest independent producer and provider of broiler hatching eggs in the U.S.
At Keith Smith, our dedicated professionals offer extensive experience in, and knowledge of, the worldwide poultry market. Our goal is to understand each client's individual needs and specific market demands. As the leading producer of quality hatching eggs, we not only offer an "egg-cellent" product, we arrange for speedy, dependable delivery- whether domestic or international- and give world class technical service and advice to ensure the best product performance.
Employees of KSC are prohibited from owning or having contact with domestic or exotic birds of any sort other than as an employee's job duties required contact with birds owned by KSC.
Company Website: www.keith-smith.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)