The Keith Smith Company | E G G - C E L L E N C E The Keith Smith Company With over 60 years of “egg-cellence,"the Keith Smith Company is the largest independent producer and provider of broiler hatching eggs to the poultry industry in the U.S. and abroad. We believe our product is the best hatching egg available today, and here’s why:
- Excellent Breed Options and Availability
- Superior Nutrition for Greater Hatch Rate and Maximum Yield
- Stringent Testing Program ensures Health and High Hatch Rate
- Highest Bio-Security Standards ensure Safe Products
- Dependable Delivery System for Domestic and International Markets
At Keith Smith, our dedicated professionals offer extensive experience in and knowledge of the worldwide poultry market. Our goal is to understand each client’s individual needs and specific market demands. As the leading producer of quality hatching eggs, we not only offer an “egg-cellent"product, we arrange for speedy, dependable delivery–whether domestic or international–and give excellent technical service and advice after the sale.Keith Smith is committed to supporting and maximizing your operation’s efficiency, yield and profitability . Count on the proven tradition of Keith Smith “egg-cellence"for all your hatching egg needs.
This position is responsible for auditing and advising all company standards while assisting the contract growers with management of their flocks to aid in producing quality hatching eggs.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with assigned contract growers
- Maintains productive Grower relationship s through good verbal communication and weekly service reports
- Monitors and ensures that the Grower adjusts ventilation, drinkers, feeders, dead bird disposal and lighting.
- Reviews Egg Quality
- Monitors and tracks egg production
- Advises growers related to best practice, policies & procedures, bio-security, etc.
- Weigh birds according to schedule
- Monitor and observe vaccination crews
- Monitor farm conditions
- Check equipment at farm
- Monitor bird health
- Report farm issues to Breeder Manager as needed
Preferred Education and Experience:
- A minimum of two years experience in the agricultural field, preferably poultry and general knowledge of animal science and agriculture preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Poultry Science, Agriculture or related agricultural field.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,500.00 /year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keith Smith Company
With over 70 years of "egg-cellence" Keith Smith Company is the largest independent producer and provider of broiler hatching eggs in the U.S.
At Keith Smith, our dedicated professionals offer extensive experience in, and knowledge of, the worldwide poultry market. Our goal is to understand each client's individual needs and specific market demands. As the leading producer of quality hatching eggs, we not only offer an "egg-cellent" product, we arrange for speedy, dependable delivery- whether domestic or international- and give world class technical service and advice to ensure the best product performance.
Employees of KSC are prohibited from owning or having contact with domestic or exotic birds of any sort other than as an employee's job duties required contact with birds owned by KSC.
Company Website: www.keith-smith.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)